I find connections among books, art, music, libraries, travel, crafts and food.

Monday, August 4, 2014

A Book a Week 2014: Made, Altered, Repaired. Week 21

Week of 26 May

Drop Spine (Clamshell) Box as Postcard storage


I collect postcards. I wouldn't say I'm a tidy person, but if I have a spot for something, it's more likely to be put away. People used to send and receive postcards more often. And my mother was a tour coordinator for a travel agency and would travel overseas once or twice a year. We'd get postcards from every place she stopped. When I was learning box making and book binding, my teacher suggested making a box to fit my postcards. It was a great idea.




My brother-in-law started traveling to different U.S. colleges because he was a school counselor and then worked in admissions. He started sending postcards to my kids from those places he visited. So my postcard box is almost full.




I have some vintage ones from grandparents as well.

Time for a new box.



No comments:

Post a Comment