I find connections among books, art, music, libraries, travel, crafts and food.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

A Book a Week 2014: Made, Altered, Repaired. Week 26

Week of 30 June

More Pamphlet Stitch

My sister's family came to the farm to see my bees and kittens. It was a short visit, due to busy schedules all 'round, but between pancake breakfast and soup lunch, we squeezed in some pamphlet stitching with my nieces.

This time we did a 2-section pamphlet using Readers Digest covers, which I love so much! Look at the pretty colors Megan and Kira chose!

 Here's Megan's up close. I have an orange-y red book tape that was a perfect combination with the salmon-y pink cover. Inside, Megan used a washi tape that coordinated as well. Look at the pretty Ex Libris she saved from the RD text block:
 
Kira went with a blue and maroon theme.I had book tape that matched perfectly with the existing RD spine:
 Here's what Kira did with washi tape - super cute owls! She saved her RD Ex Libris, which has a pretty fall leaf theme:
One more view of the stitching. We did a 5-hole 2-signature book. We used 5 sheets of paper per signature, and poked 5 holes in the spine with which to sew the pamphlet stitch.

My nieces enjoyed it so much they wanted to make one more thing, so we did just a mini pamphlet book with one signature and 3 holes for stitching:



No comments:

Post a Comment