I find connections among books, art, music, libraries, travel, crafts and food.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

A Book a Week 2014: Made, Altered, Repaired. Week 31

Week of 4 Aug

Belgian Binding Class!

I was really impressed with the folks who came to try out Belgian Binding. It is not an easy or beginning binding, but everyone concentrated and we learned from each other as we went. I loved the beautiful color combinations each person chose, to go with their upcycled Readers' Digest book covers.



I buy large packs of pretty scrapbook paper, and use those sheets as covers for each signature. It's fun to find a theme of papers related by color, hue or design. Students matched signature covers with their RD book covers.


I like to use a variety of crochet thread to bind books. They come in so many colors, and even multi-colored threads:
















No comments:

Post a Comment