I find connections among books, art, music, libraries, travel, crafts and food.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Book a Week 2014: Made, Altered, Repaired. Week 19

Mother's Day 2014
Week of 12 May

There's a book or 2 in here, I promise. Just had to share some pictures of my fun day.

Started at home with breakfast:
Eggs Benedict with asparagus picked outside, fresh berries. We use the Joy of Cooking's 

 the Eldest made beignets and chickory coffee.

 the boy

 girls, extra daughter

Then, off to our favorite museum, the Minneapolis Institute of Arts. Our favorite room?
The elevator:


My girls imitating art:

 Hanging with Matisse:

my Viking boy with a sword taller than him

OK, here's a book:


Oh, hey there, Japanese binding!

And, I always take pictures of books I want to copy. I like that tall skinny thing.
And the bottom left with the handmade paper and buckle.

No comments:

Post a Comment