I find connections among books, art, music, libraries, travel, crafts and food.

Tuesday, May 20, 2014

A Book a Week 2014: Made, Altered, Repaired. Week 18

Pretty Papers
week of 5 May

One of my favorite things about making books is choosing which pretty paper to use. I collect and use (and try to find storage for) large sheets of hand decorated paper from around the world:


Here are some Italian papers:


More Italian, and some hand marbled:

Here are 3 journals I made using the Coptic stitch binding:

I also like to use Reader's Digest books because you don't need to cover them; they're already beautiful!

This is a Coptic Stitch journal I made using a Reader's Digest set of covers.
I like to cover each signature with coordinating scrapbook papers to add color.


And one more. I love this cover and the color coordination of papers and string and cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment