I find connections among books, art, music, libraries, travel, crafts and food.

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

A Book a Week 2014: Made, Altered, Repaired. Week 16

Week of 21 April

The Northfield, MN Hospital Auxiliary has an amazing book sale every spring. My mom has volunteered with them for years, and always lets me know when to come to the sale. Not that I need any more books in my house:




But I can't resist vintage children's books. I'm a sucker for good illustration and binding, and primary school readers.

Love the cloth bindings:
And, I don't know why, but I freaking love SPACE illustrations from the 1950s and 1960s:


and one in French:
and look at the illustrations and color in this book about Norway:



And environmental references:


One more - this one made me laugh because my mom used to get us to do work for her by calling it "fun and games".

No comments:

Post a Comment