I find connections among books, art, music, libraries, travel, crafts and food.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Scherenschnitte


I'm crazy for paper. I collect papers from around the world. I keep paper "leftovers". If there's a paper I REALLY like, I have a hard time throwing away even a 2-inch square of it. But I find uses for those little bits. I like to make tiny books, I line the back wall of a box in a printers drawer, and one year, I made Scherenschitte for my sister and me. Scherenschnitte is a German word for "scissor snipping", and if you google image the word, you'll find lovely and detailed examples of it. For my sister and I, I wanted to make a family "portrait" using birth month flowers to represent each family member. It was a perfect use of my little favorite paper scraps

No comments:

Post a Comment