I find connections among books, art, music, libraries, travel, crafts and food.

Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Fat Lady


My oldest daughter was in 2nd grade at the perfect time. She wasn't too interested in reading until I gave her the first Harry Potter book. She tore through that like nothing and gobbled up the next two. Her birthday is in July and the first Harry Potter movie opened on her birthday. She arranged to go with her friends, and was just beside her self with excitement. She really believed, more than Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. So, that fall, I decided she need the fat lady on her bedroom door so she had to say the password to get into her room. I don't claim to be much of a painter/drawer, but this is what I came up with, changing the fat lady's face to one reminiscent of the Mona Lisa.

No comments:

Post a Comment