I find connections among books, art, music, libraries, travel, crafts and food.

Friday, September 17, 2010

Piano Hinge Binding



I made this book for Paula's Greg, who wrote a collection of poems about gryphons. I thought leather would be a good cover for a mythical creature, and I wanted to try a piano hinge binding which would secretly contain a picture of a gryphon. I put each poem in its own tri-fold signature and painted a chopstick with which to hold the piano hinge. The endsheets are from this cool paper table cloth my mom brought me from Norway - she knows me well enough to bring me things like that from foreign countries.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Frndz....
    Nice Blog...
    Thanks for your blog. I just landed up in your blog and I really appreciate your blog. It is full of resourceful information.

    Continuous hinge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! I hope to be blogging more soon!
      - Pam

      Delete