I find connections among books, art, music, libraries, travel, crafts and food.

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Letters to Hogwarts

My Harry Potter-obsessed daughter, as I said in a previous post, was just ripe for the books in 2nd grade. She had this fabulous summer birthday party complete with a Quidditch match, Bertie Botts Beans et al. She wondered aloud, as she does, for weeks about whether her letter to Hogwarts would arrive on her birthday. So, as any crafty mother would do, I created a Hogwarts letter, making it look well-worn from traveling in the beak of an owl, and had it hand canceled in Castle Rock, MN (because Zumbro Falls wouldn't sound authentic). It arrived on her birthday and I thought she was going to pee her pants she was so excited and SO BELIEVED it. From then on, she's received her Letter every year. (However, 2 years got lost, then later found by Hagrid in the Owlry. He sent them to her for Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment